It was really hard to get a picture of the panels, but this was an easy look to achieve. I bought some curtain panels from Ikea and found some fabric that I liked. I sewed the fabric to the bottom of the panels after deciding how much of the patterned fabric I wanted to show on the bottom. I had to cut a little fabric off the bottom of the Ikea panels. Then, I sewed, serged, and topstitched a seam to make the seam lay flat to connect the curtains and accent fabric. The bottom and sides are french seams.
The curtain change alone makes the bathroom feel so much larger! I still have some work to do incorporating a fabric shower liner, but considering we have only used the shower once in the past six years, I figure I have some time. My plan is to buy a few fabric liners (hotel style), sew them together to make them the length I need, and sew them to the top of the panels so I don't have to put another rod up.
I also added some custom art work.
Above the shower insert:
And above the toilet:
In my opinion, the mini makeover was a success. I figure it's a good sign that I go in the bathroom, turn the light on, look at the finished product, and smile. My husband even commented that it has a kind of spa feel now. I consider that to be a huge compliment. He's very choosy when it comes to compliments.
Let's take a look at the before and after:
More to follow on my custom (and especially thrifty) art work.
Easier Than I Thought!
Linked to: Thrifty Decor Chic Mon.: Skip to My Lou Tues: Tip Junkie, Sugar Bee Crafts, Today's Creative Blog, Homestories AtoZ Wed: Gingersnap Crafts, Sew Much Ado, Thurs: 36th Avenue, 52 Mantels, House of Hepworths, Friday:Tatertots and Jello, Serenity Now, Whipperberry, Liz Marie Blog, Sat: Classy Clutter, It's Overflowing Sun.: I Heart Naptime,